Just Another Day

"Any idiot can handle a crisis, it's day to day living that wears you out." - Chekhov

Saturday, October 30, 2004

Okay, had to

I have been banned from another two conservative sites. Of course, they don't give me the courtesy of letting me know, I just show up and find I can't post. One of the sites was reasonable enough (I won't name), i.e., I could argue with them without it getting angry, and the other site is full of bogus idiots (blogsforbush) who argue the same talking points over and over. Now, I do my best to be calm and collected when arguing with them, I do my best to avoid being shrill and think I succeed most of the time. The problem seems to be that they can't handle this approach. Others who are much more illogical, although I agree with their conclusions, and emotional are allowed to stay but I get booted. The more logical and connected your points, the more dangerous you are, and therefore are banned. The shrill are allowed to stay because they make our side look bad.

This is what conservatives (I will no longer use the term Republican because they do not represent the Republican party that I know historically) call democracy and free speech in America. Okay, they are not public sites so they are well within their rights to ban me. But, it is indicative of the weakness in their logic that they can't handle well-reasoned argument. This is why Bush does not allow an open public at his rallies or press conferences: he can't handle argument (call it dissent because that is what the conservatives consider anything that doesn't agree with them). This is why pinhead conservatives on talk shows try to shout down rhetorical opponents instead of letting them speak.

The conservatives of today are intellectually small people and therefore must use bullying tactics like shouting down, turning off mikes, etc., to ensure that their point is not refuted or broken down. Simple as that.

|