Just Another Day

"Any idiot can handle a crisis, it's day to day living that wears you out." - Chekhov

Tuesday, October 05, 2004

Round 1-1/2

I'll try to get up at 4am to watch.

I don't now whether there is a winning situation for BC04 in this since if Cheney does very well then Bush looks like the idiot he is. If Cheney doesn't do well vs. Edwards, then the ticket looks like its populated by fools. Now, that latter part is something many of us have known for quite some time but there is a large part of the population that doesn't get it.

Meanwhile, there has been some blog talk about Luskin's response to Johnson's response to Luskin's criticism of him and his book. See it here. Now, the current incarnation of the GOP likes to drop idiotic ideas into the heads of their minions in the hopes that word may get out as a trial balloon. They can then check out the reaction without having their fingerprints on it providing plausible deniability. So, let me say this: I told my parents not long ago that if Bush wins re-election, it may be wise to move their cash into Euros.

Oh, and my boy took his first independent step today. He was holding onto me as I lay on the floor, cruising around a little bit, let go, stood there for a few seconds, and then took a step before falling onto his butt. Ura!!

|