Just Another Day

"Any idiot can handle a crisis, it's day to day living that wears you out." - Chekhov

Thursday, November 04, 2004

Relaxed

Okay, I feel more myself today and slept a normal night's sleep for the first time in a month or so. Today, I am the person most people know me as. I am angry and cynical which is a good thing. This is my natural milieu and it feels like home. Ahhhh... The optimism felt over the past six months was strange, I believe, for me and most of those around me. Not to worry, I have returned and am ready to tell the whole world, once again, FUCK OFF!!!

So, why the anger and cynicism? As if you didn't know...I feel good and have already started laughing at the fact that the GOP and America get to reap what they have now sown with no excuses available for their miserable failure. Can't blame obstructionist Democrats in Congress, can't blame Clinton, can't blame the press, and can't blame a divided public. We are all fucked and will have to rely, as we have for the last 100 years or so, for the progressive policies to rescue the country out of its dismal failures.

Not only did the GOP win, the terrorists have a clear victory. A president and a party who needs fear to rule and who, therefore, will not take out the outside threat so it can grow into something truly terrifying while America sits in front of its televisions or Playstations or goes out and buys shit it doesn't need, and notices nothing until it goes BOOM!

As Strummer, Jones, et al, said:

THIS SOUND DOES NOT SUBSCRIBE TO THE INTERNATIONAL PLAN
IN THE PSYCHO SHADOW OF THE WHITE RIGHT HAND
THEM THAT SEE GHETTOLOGY AS AN URBAN VIETNAM
GIVING DEADLY EXHIBITIONS OF MURDER BY NAPALM

Hey, GOP!! Enjoy it while you got it and be sure to move it fast offshore because payback is going to be one hell of a royal bitch after 2008!



|