Just Another Day

"Any idiot can handle a crisis, it's day to day living that wears you out." - Chekhov

Friday, July 22, 2005

Don't Ask Me, I'm Just The Help

There is a school of quantum mechanics that says that every time we think a thought it creates a new universe moving forward from that moment. Something about our brain activity being part of the physical universe and all matter being composed of waves. Hey, sue me, I’m no physicist and my last physics class was about 20 years ago. I just wish that my mind could function in multiple realities so the me in this reality could experience what the me in other realities does…well, sometimes. Poof! Now, off in some reality I am experiencing the multiple me’s. This all came to me last night as I was thinking about the possibilities of what America could be right now had Gore won the election in 2000. It’s possible the attacks of 9/11 never would have happened since he actually took the threat seriously and may have paid attention to the increased chatter and gotten people moving on it. Barring that, I know we would not have gone into Iraq and perhaps Afghanistan would be a much better place than it currently is since we didn’t finish the job.

My son is a little over a year and a half and I see that he is very good at knocking shit down but very poor at building things back up. In other words, he is now a Republican but we hope he will grow up and out of it. Poof, in another reality he is doing just that.

I can’t say what would be happening economically or environmentally with Gore as president. I would like to think it would be better (Poof!) but, I guess, a lot would depend on the control of Congress. (Un?)Fortunately, I fell asleep before too much contemplation.

|